пятница, 22 апреля 2011 г.

my poetry in English

I'm very greatful to Nina Murray, Roman Ivashkiv and Natasha Kovaliova for doing the translation of my texts into English. Here are some of them:


Verbal Jazz

inside Keiko Matsui's fingers make sounds ring
outside the window the rustle of rain
a May kind of rain fresh and untamed
you hung up--for the first time
today
and I still had things to say
I rubbed mascara across my face
and listened to the rain because what
could be more important
than the whisper of something alive
against something dead
while the time runs its course
its current washes my ocean's atolls
and the rain never asking permission of May
sweeps the small blooms of chesnuts
all the way to the thresholds of heaven
I think I may have cried with the pain
and you simply put the phone down
not a word from the sky

Translated from Ukrainian by Nina Murray



***
Every autumn
I buy a new over-the-shoulder bag
but somehow
the contents remain the same:
September’s hankies,
crumpled notes,
a worn address book,
a teacher’s red pen,
the cell
my green wallet
thick with thin air,
scribbles on an envelope like a treasure map,
a bit of sad of sadness,
a few jokes,
a jar of memory preserves,
a book in the Latin alphabet,
thoughts in Cyrillic,
a pocket rain poncho
painted with poppies.
As always—a mess,
typical
for every thing that contains
a woman’s soul.
I don’t know what to do with my hands.
It’s autumn.


Translated from Ukrainian by Nina Murray

Комментариев нет:

Отправить комментарий